Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Apron & Mitts

This is my most recent project:



An apron and matching oven mitts for my younger sister's 18" doll. I love the full aprons, but she likes half aprons, so I made a pocket in the back where she can fold down the top and use it as a half apron.


When the top part is up, there is a strap that goes around the back of the neck and Velcros in the front. The waist is tied with a large green bow.

The front also has small pocket with, of course, a squirrel on it. :]

The oven mitts have a quilted look, with lines sewn in a diamond pattern across the surface. I'm planning on adding a bit of elastic to the wrist because they're not staying on as well as I had hoped they would. You see, you need to make the opening a bit wide becasue of the spread fingers, but once you put it on, it's not too hard for it to fall off. Without elastic, there doesn't seem to be a way to achieve a good balance between hard to put on and easy to fall off. =P

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!! How cute!! Do you have a pattern and can you post it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sweetie this is so darling! you are so creative - i am in awe of your ability(ies)!! you never cease to amaze me! keep up the fantastic work!! love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo you should offer for other little girls dolls... hint hint ~ my daughter since her mom is terrible at sewing....
    enjoyed visiting thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :)