Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bike Ride

Today I went on a bike ride before one of my classes. It was one of the first bike rides I've gone on without my camera in a while, and, I must say, I did regret it. I didn't realize my mistake at first and rode happliy along. A young Mockingbird landed near the road and then flitted off as I aproached. Oh well, I wouldn't have been able to capture that anyway, especially on such an overcast day. Then we got to the trail. Although there was still plenty of green, several of the trees to either side were simply bursting with color. Sassafras leaves boasted soft shades of red and orange and yellow. Deep red vines of Virgina Creeper decorated the trunks of many trees. A carpet of leaves clothed the ground. (I really do love the sound of leaves crackling underfoot.) I forced myself to forget about all the wonderful pictures I could be taking and just enjoy the ride. It was truly a beautiful day.
I must go again tomorrow, this time properly equipped for the beauty that lies ahead. ;]

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :)