Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mopsy

This is the first pattern I've made, and so it does have a lot of room for improvement, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. Especially with how far it's come.
I sketched out a pattern, ironed my fabric, did a little last-minute tweaking with the pattern, cut out my pieces, and sewed them together. Okay, all's good so far. Then I turned it out. It looked like a dinosaur. Notably, the nose was to small. Frustrated, I just cut off the nose an half-heartedly sewed on a new one. (By this time, I figured there was no fixing it.) It was turned back out, and I was surprised to see that I was actually pleased with the results. I added little patches full of stuffing to the cheeks, a big mop of a mane, ears, and voila! Mopsy was born.
She has trouble standing with her thin legs, as well as a few other problems, but, all-in-all, I love her. :]

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :)