Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

Favorite Authors

I have 10 minutes before my next class, just enought time to fill this out. :)
First of all, I was tagged by Anna Christine at Thoughts and Daydreams.
Who is your all-time favorite author and why?
Hmm...that's hard to choose. Fifteen years isn't enough time to decide! haha. And I seem to have been in a book drought lately, and I can't really find anything exceptionally exceptional recently. What a sad fate. :( I do now have a nice-sized list of books I want to read very soon, thanks to Jane and Elizabeth's Book Blog. :) So maybe I'll have one picked sometime rather soon.
Who was your first favorite author and why?
First? That's tough, too. I've always loved reading, but I never really picked out favorie authors when I was younger. I was just browse through the childrens section of the library, plucking various books off the shelves that looked interesting. My first favorite series was probably the Royal Diaries Series, of which I faithfully read every book I could get my hands on. But those are by all different authors. I suppose I'm not really answering the question, am I? lol I did stumble upon Cornelia Funke's Inkheart years and years ago, and I loved that. (As well as the sequel.) As for why, I think I really loved having a main character that was so easily related too. A young girl who loved to read, how much better could it have gotten?!
Do you still consider him/her to be among your favorites?
At this moment, I suppose so. I might have to go back and re-read her books to be sure, though. It's been so long! Haha.
Who is the most recent addition to your list of favorite authors, and why?
DMost recent addition? As I said in my answer to the first question, I haven't really had anything I really exceptionally enjoyed of late. I did enjoy some of the novels we've had to read for school in the past year or two, though, which would include Treasure Island, To Kill A Mockingbird, and the Outsiders.
If someone asked you who your favorite authors were right now, which authors would first pop out of your mouth?
Again with the hard questions! Haha, the most recent books that I've read and enjoyed were the only ones that I've read by those authors, so I don't think I could really include them in my favorite authors.
I tag:
I'm not going to tag six people, as I am still kinda new to blogger, but I will tag Mom, Aunt Maria, and Aunt Ann. :)
Rules:
Link to the person that tagged you, post the rules somewhere in your meme, answer the questions, tag six people in your post, let the tagees know they have been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog, let the tagger know your entry is posted.

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :)