Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

On My Way

Off and on for a few years, I've been thinking I need to lose some pounds and also become more physically fit--just healthier all around. My family went on the South Beach Diet back in '05 (I think) and although I wasn't really on it, there were less goodies in the house and more choices of healthy snacks. The years went on, though, and it started with a little this here, and that there, and soon enough, South Beach was gone. Now, my mom has started again, and because she's doing it, too, I find it a lot easier to do it myself. Once again, I'm not completely on it, as it's only recommended for adults to be on phase 1, but I'm following pretty much all the rules, but I'll still have a banana or real sugar in my tea, etc. I'd like to lose about 30 pounds to put me right around the middle of the "healthy" category as far as BMI is concerned, and I'm off on the right foot. Though a firend of my mom's we found SparkPeople (and SparkTeens for me) which has great online tools, including fitness workout videos (LOVE these. :]), tracking for nutrition, and a supportive community of other members. (All for free, I might add.) SparkPeople & SparkTeens also provide their own diet plan, with meal plans, fitness plans, etc, but you don't necessarily have to eat what they suggest.
Oh, and they have a nice little section for goals, whether they be daily, monthly, or weekly, which I love because I can have it all out in front of me as a reminder of what I should be doing, like drinking eight glasses of water each day.
So that's what's going on right now. I might think of something a bit more interesting to post later today, but this'll do for now.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your weight loss. I want to thank you for your comments on the bird pictures I posted.
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :)