Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Fun


Happy Easter, everyone!

Today we dyed eggs, and even though we didn't do many, we really enjoyed it. My sister was old enough this year to understand the concept of covering areas with wax from a clear crayon to keep the dye off that area, and dye the rest of the egg a darker color, so she was able to create some more creative ones this year. :)

(The eggs are blown out, so they can be kept from year to year.)

I made my eggs to look like birds eggs because I'd like to use them for a project, of which I'll hopefully do and post soon. :) I did five like this, and I can add more throughout the year because I mainly used acrylics.

They were all done with acrylics, with the exception of the blue one, which was done with Easter egg dye.

Tonight, I hid about 10 plastic eggs for Lizzy. The first one is out in the open by her glasses so she'll see it as soon as she wakes up, and each one has a little slip of paper inside with a hint that leads you to the next egg. For example, one says "A spoon full of _______ helps the medicine go down!" to lead her to the sugar bowl, where an egg awaits with another hint, until the last leads her to her Easter basket.


Hope everyone has a splendid Easter! =)

3 comments:

  1. Nice shots! I like how your blown eggs look real!
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw!
    Can't wait to see you hang your eggs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful eggs! I love your photography as well:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :)