Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

Home Again

A couple weeks ago, I went on my first missions trip with my youth group to New York City. We ran a Vacation Bible School for 30 kids in Queens in a little store-front church. It was a great trip, and I'm soo glad I was able to go. =) I realized I've never quite grasped how culturally diverse NYC is. It was amazing seeing so many different cultural backgrounds in a little room full of kids. (One little girl used to go hiking in the Himalayas with her grandfather when she was younger!) More importantly, though, all these kids were able to hear the gospel. I could go on and on, but I don't have a huge amount of time right now, and I just wanted to post a quick little update. :) Basically between the last post and now, what's taken place is getting ready for my sister's birthday party, my sister's birthday party, getting ready for the missions trip, the missions trip, getting ready for speaking in front of my church about the missions trip (which was nerveracking, haha), and speaking in front of my church about the missions trip, with work & a few other events interspersed in between.

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :)