Pages

Friday, September 4, 2009

Rainy Birding


I planned a trip to Hawk Mountain last Friday, but, as recommended, called after 6pm the night before to hear the day's results and the next day's forecast. Turns out the weather wasn't going to agree with migration, and my mom wasn't about to drive 2 hours (4 total) for a handful of warblers when I might be able to see them somewhere closer. So we went to spent the day at a park that has a nature trail about a half hour away. As we reached the mouth of the trail, it looked promising--lots of birds calling to each other and flitting around in the brush. Then the rain came; it rained off and on during the entire time on the trial. No lifers, but it was some fun, and we got to stop at a friend's house on the way home. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I came across one of your posts on whatbird forums (http://www.whatbird.com/forums/forums/thread/83801.aspx) and I was wondering if you could help me identify a bird, since you have taken a picture of a similar bird http://tinyurl.com/y88ehxw
    My research tells me it's a flycatcher but I am not able to narrow it down to the exact species. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thank you and great pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :)