Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

In Which Winter Commences. Again.

What's that you say?
Spring began last weekend?

Apparently this snow storm didn't get the memo.

After sleeping in for three hours, I trekked outside to get some shots of the [hopefully last] accumulation. Don't get me wrong; I love snow. But I'm ready for spring and hoping we might have some semblance of an Easter break, despite all the snow days. :)

My secret to success for the day? Bracketing. I usually just fiddle for each shot, but it was so much easier to shoot in the snow with bracketing. I used Av mode and set up the exposure bracketing to get exposures at 0, +2/3, and +1 1/3.
And it continued snowing pretty much the entire day, so my camera and I went out in high fasion--I wearing the typical winter garb and she inside a plastic bag with a hole cut in it.

Despite an entire winter stuffed inside working on college applications, financial aid, and a lot of school work, I managed to capture a few of my favorite winter pictures Tuesday. :)

2 comments:

  1. You are an artist with your camera! I love to see the world through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these photos and it's great to see the humour coming out in your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :)